Thursday, May 08, 2008



so i have done a good job at secret keeping, as of late, but i can no longer hide it.... IM GETTING ENGAGED, BITCHES. we ordered the ring yesterday, and im super excited. its basically this ring, but with an upgraded rock and setting. (platinum, wa-what)
i really have to thank kari so much for helping me with all the diamond info.... and for letting me steal her idea of getting a black one. i went into this without a damn clue about buying diamonds, and it really made me realize why young girls get into learning and planning weddings WAY before they get engaged. i kind of regret NEVER picking up a wedding magazine earlier, it would have made the whole process a lot easier.... thankfully, kari has had a subscription to martha stewart weddings since she was 12, and has been very helpful.

in other black diamond news...
carmen electra just recieved a black diamond from her fiance, and he actually bought the ring from my solitaire which has an AMAZING selection of black diamonds, and are very reasonably priced.

here is an awesome article about black diamonds. it has been theorized that black diamonds come from space!

i was initially feeling very overwhelmed with the prospect of planning my wedding (even though i have 15 months!) but then amy told me that she made her mom do all the boring planning stuff, and that her mom was super stoked about, and that made me feel better about it.

where should i register? suggestions?

also... im pretty sure i found my dress. i posted pictures of it in my flickr. DONT SHOW JUSTIN!

in other news... (involving people who are SO much cooler than me)
my awesome friends aimee and stacey got engaged last night! they are the cutest couple EVER (besides me and justin).... and i am totally voting for them for prom queens. stacey drove ALL the way from florida last night to surprise aimee and pop the question. i felt VERY special to be included in the surprise. we will all be at cous cous tonight to celebrate.

also....
my good friend from high school ALSO got engaged. melissa and her boyfriend have been together for SEVEN years, and he totally surprised her. That is the cutest shit ever.

jeez... all these surprise engagements make me secretly wish that i wasn't such a control freak, and let justin surprise me.... who am i kidding? if i waited on him, i would be an old dried up hag before i ever got a rock.

1 comment:

this island life said...

i just read this - squeee! i'm more than happy to help, and you know that. i will live vicariously through you, as my black diamond will never happen. xoxox